TEAM-Math & AMSTI
Professional Mathematics Learning Communities (PMLC)
The purpose of the partnership is to establish professional learning communities in order to provide collaborative and sustained professional development for teachers in targeted K-12 schools. The immediate focus of the professional development is the Alabama College and Career Ready Standards, especially the Standards of Mathematical Practice. To this end, we have established the following goals:
1) To establish a triad leadership team of mathematics educators, mathematicians, and AMSTI specialists to provide professional development for facilitating PLCs, monitor school and across-district PLC development, and help the school systems move toward sustaining the PLCs focused on continuous improvement and evaluation of instruction and learning;
2) To provide professional development for administrators to help them become knowledgeable of issues related to mathematics instruction and versed in the dimensions related to successful PLCs;
3) To provide grade level leaders with professional development related to the ACCRS-M, facilitating PLCs, and student data analysis;
4) To provide teachers with professional development related to the ACCRS-M, participating in PLCs, and pedagogical analysis; and
5) To improve student outcomes through the work of the PLCs.
- Transforming East Alabama Mathematics (TEAM-Math)
- TEAM-Math is a partnership of 14 school districts, Auburn University, Tuskegee University and business partners, who have a common goal improving mathematics education in East Alabama.
- Alabama Math, Science, and Technology Initiative at Auburn University (AMSTI-AU)
- AMSTI is the Alabama Department of Education’s initiative to improve math and science education across the state, AMSTI-AU serves the same region as TEAM-Math.
- East Alabama School Districts
- Alexander City Schools
- Barbour County Schools
- Bullock County Schools
- Elmore County Schools
- Tallapoosa County Schools
- Tallassee City Schools